Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Refiner's Fire

My main prayer for myself these days is pretty narrow minded but I think it's one that's important and necessary.

And this is my prayer: Lord, change me. Make me who You made me to be. Refine me, Lord.

I know in my heart that I can be better than who I am so my daily goal is to listen to God's leading as He shows me the things about myself that don't honor Him, the things in my life that need to go.

Psalm 139:23-24 says:
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

I want God to show me where I fail Him so that I can fix those things in myself and become a better me. As I lay in bed talking to God a few nights ago, a new poem came to mind and I had to jump out of bed in the middle of the night to write it down so I wouldn't forget it. Here's what God put on my heart.

Refiner's Fire


Refiner’s Fire burning bright,
Chase away the dark of night.
Melt away what’s wrong within,
Burning up the chaff of sin.

Refiner’s Fire make me new.
Create a vessel pleasing you.
Find the gold that dwells in me
And make it all the others see.

Refiner’s Fire pure and hot,
You see things that I cannot.
Test me, mold me, make me true,
Less of me and more of You.



© Danielle M. Peck
May 31, 2012


Less of me, Lord, and more of You...that is my desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment