Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

You can be a missionary too!

Back in 2002, my mom got me all the Left Behind Dramatic Audio Series for Christmas. It was a wonderful gift and one I've enjoyed listening to several times since. This week I loaded them all onto my IPod and began listening to them again because it's been awhile and this time, it's hitting me differently than it ever has before. This time, instead of simply entertaining me, it's impressing upon me the urgency of this time we're in.

At no other time in history has the world been so primed for the events of the book of Revelation to take place. This world is a powder keg, just waiting for some cataclysmic event to light the match. An event like, maybe, the rapture of the church.

And when that happens, every single person who has never heard of Jesus, every single person who has rejected Jesus, every single person who has chosen to not make a choice...will be left behind in a world that none of us can even begin to imagine. A world so awful, so hateful, so terrifying that few will survive. 75% of the world's population that gets left behind will die before Jesus returns at the end of 7 years.

Can you see the urgency? Can you see why it's so important to support missions and to be missionaries?

If you, my friends reading this, are anything like me, you learned about missionaries in Sunday school and the vision of African villages was set in your mind. Wonderful people going to the other side of the world to help people living in mud huts and tell them about Jesus. That's the picture that always came to my mind when someone mentioned missionaries to me.

BUT THERE'S MORE! You can go right next door to your house and be a missionary! You can go down the street or to the next town over and be a missionary! You don't have to go far but God commands that you GO!

Help the widows and orphans, visit the prisoners, feed the homeless, clothe the naked....and show them Jesus! Make your neighborhood your mission field. Make the tellers at the local bank your mission field, the clerk at the grocery store, your child's teachers, and your children's friends. The United States of America is a mission field in desperate need of workers...and as Jesus says, "The harvest is plenty but the workers are few."

Will you be a worker for Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment