Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Did Adam & Eve really sin?

I know this might sound kind of odd but as I was reading in Genesis today I got to thinking about something that I hadn't ever really thought about before. Hopefully I can make it understandable in words the way I'm understanding it in my head.

After God created Adam and Eve, He told them not to eat from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil. At that point Adam and Eve didn't know the difference between good and bad. In the Garden of Eden they were naked and never thought anything of it. They romped and played, ate, probably swam in the river, without a single care in all the world. Nothing was bad, everything was good because they didn't know that bad was possible.

It wasn't until after they ate from the Tree that they gained the ability to differentiate between good and evil so when Eve ate from the Tree did she really understand what she was doing?

Yes, God told them not to eat of the Tree but they didn't know what sin was. They had no concept of consequences. So did Adam and Eve really sin by eating of the Tree? Did God set them up?

I know that sounds terrible but this question is really bugging me. I'd love to hear someone else's thoughts on this so please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment