Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cottage Prayer Meeting

Our church has a revival meeting every year in March and this year is no different. For 8 weeks before the revival people volunteer to host Cottage Prayer Meetings where church members gather for some fellowship and a great deal of prayer. We pray for our country, our state, our community, our church, and our families. We pray for forgiveness, for the lost, and for hearts to be moved in service for Jesus.

We pray for Revival!

Not just the event at our church but for revival in our nation, in our world. God says in 2 Chronicles 7:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

We, as Christians, as children of God, MUST pray for a revival in this land. If we don't pray and appeal to God on behalf of our nation, who will?

People are hurting in our world, people are soul sick, heart sick, sin sick and no one but Jesus can heal them. If you are reading this message, please, please, please, pray for revival in our land, in your state, town, church, home, family... and in yourself.

This week's Cottage Prayer Meeting was here at my house and it was such a blessing. I was moved to tears. My church family is such an enormous blessing to me and I thank God daily for them. I would be at loose ends without them and I know that revival is happening in me, in my family, in my church... it's like ripples in a pond and because God's word never returns empty, I know it will stretch far beyond our tiny little town here in West Kentucky. Will it reach your town too?

2 comments:

  1. I stand in agreement with you, Danielle! Thanks for sharing and I too will commit to be in prayer daily for our hurting world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hollie! Together we can be a force to be reckoned with in Jesus name!

      Delete