Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The harvest is plentiful...

But the workers are few. That's what our lesson was in church this morning and my heart filled up at the thought of being one of those few workers. A worker for God, harvesting souls! What a blessing to be among those who are called to be a worker, a laborer for our Father in Heaven.

Matthew 9:35-38 says:

And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few, therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest."

To me, this is the beginning of the Great Commission. Jesus is telling His disciples that there are few people in the world who love him but many, many people who need him and are ready to know him. People who have heart needs, people who are soul sick, people who are dying in their sin. They all NEED Jesus!

And who will go? The Lord says that few will go, but he commands that ALL go.

Matthew 28:16-20 says:

Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

God has called me, told me to go, given me the tools I need to reach the unreached masses. Who am I to say no? Who am I to refuse to obey the God who so loved me that he gave his only son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life? I cannot refuse him anymore than I can spread my arms and fly. My soul belongs to God, my heart belongs to Jesus. To do his will is a great, wonderous gift. It is a true blessing to be used by our Creator and I, for one, will not miss out on that wonderful gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment